Thanks For Using The Performance of a Lifetime!

Chatroom Auctions & Paid Classifides DDDPL's Additional Job Search

FAQ
Last visit was: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:38 pm
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:38 pm

[ 1 post ] 
 Dating Success: Doubt In The Face Of Belief 

Post Dating Success: Doubt In The Face Of Belief
Dating Success: Doubt In The Face Of Belief
by: Scot McKay

All of us are inspired when we hear stories of BELIEF in the face of DOUBT. Movies like "The Pursuit Of Happyness", "Rudy" and "Hoosiers" all come to mind. The characters in each respective flick are repeatedly told that they would or even SHOULD fail, yet their sheer will and determination carries them to wildly successful victory against all odds. And it's human nature for us to LOVE these movies.

So why, then, is it also human nature for us to do the EXACT OPPOSITE when is comes to our dating lives? Why do we so often DOUBT in the face of BELIEF when it comes to approaching the opposite sex? I mean, realistically speaking, the symptoms of this disorder often extend even into first dates, second dates and possibly even into 50 year marriages.

Here's a case in point.

This week I was engaged in a discussion about online dating involving the finer points of sending emails to women. While common wisdom suggests that a first email that goes unreturned signals disinterest, I happen to believe that the very most popular women online are often so inundated with messages that they often will respond ONLY to second attempts at contact. Such women are wise to "cut/paste" first emails from lazy, unimaginative men and therefore want to know who is REALLY interested enough to make a real effort. While "always" is a precarious term to use when dealing with real people, my personal "field testing" has shown that women will respond to a well-placed and effectively written second email well over 50% of the time.

My friend vehemently disagreed and said he refuses to send second emails to women. After all, he's got "proof" it doesn't work. He proceeded to pull up an email from one woman who responded to a second email with, "Don't you get it?

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:52 pm
 [ 1 post ]