Thanks For Using The Performance of a Lifetime!

Chatroom Auctions & Paid Classifides DDDPL's Additional Job Search

FAQ
Last visit was: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:15 am
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:15 am

[ 1 post ] 
 How To Find The Best Deals Online 

Post How To Find The Best Deals Online
How To Find The Best Deals Online
by: Lydia Quinn

On the Internet, you can find just about anything you want to buy, but how do you get the best deal you possibly can? This article will show you how.

Price Comparison Search Engines

There are dozens of search engines that will allow you to compare prices at hundreds, even thousands of online stores without of mine when I was first starting to play. It is raw, exciting, and it makes you want to play. I remember being knocked out by the sheer speed of Alvin's fingers when I first heard this one. A gem from one of the greats.

Obviously there are many great solos I have had to miss from this list. Who could forget, Django Reinhardt's Nuages, Larry Carlton's Kid Charlemagne, Elliott Randall's Reeling In The Years, Brian May's Bohemian Rhapsody, Eddie Van Halen's Beat it, Albert Lee's Country Boy, Bert Jansch's Angie, David Gilmour's Comfortably Numb, Jimmy Page's Stairway To Heaven, Steve Vai's For The Love Of God, Eric Clapton's Sunshine Of Your Love, Brian Setzer's I Won't Stand In Your Way, Mason Williams' Classical Gas, Jimi's Little Wing, Chet Atkins' Yakety Axe, Scotty Moore's That's All Right Mama.....etc...etc....etc.... The list goes on and on.

The five I chose were important in my early years as a player. If compiling the same list next week, I might come up with something completely different. My tastes have changed over the years and I am sure they will continue to do so.

What five guitar solos would you list and why?

www.jack-sky.com

About The Author

Peter Jones is the Managing Director of Jack Sky Ltd. Based in the great city of Liverpool, Jack Sky is committed to providing 1st class guitar tutorials to all of its customers. A warm welcome awaits you at www.jack-sky.com

Copyright © 2001-Present ArticleCity.com

This article was posted by permission.1vüì
552b5c73db0Self Home Recording vs Paying a Recording Studio31Self Home Recording vs Paying a Recording Studio
by: Brandon Drury

Back in the old days (around 'Nam) recording at home was a new miracle. You could actually hit record on a device and capture sound in your own home. Your eyes would light up just like Thomas Edison did when he first invented audio recording. Fast forward to 2005. It's now completely affordable to outfit a fully functional recording rig in your home for the price of a high quality, American made guitar. While the price of getting into home recording is much cheaper than it has ever been before, it's still a lot of money. Is setting up a small studio worth the price? What are the pitfalls of trying to record yourself? Would you be better off just paying a professional recording studio to do the job for you? Hopefully, I'll answer these questions and more.

What It Takes

You are going to need a lot of knowledge, gear, time, and patience before jumping into the recording studio world. I was a computer nerd half done with a degree in electronics when I jumped into the recording world. I understood electronic basics and had run live sound numerous times. I totally understood how to operate a mixer/console. So all I had to do was jump into the recording portion, right? ....Well, it turned out that there was quite a learning curve to go from an empty room to the creative process (which is the fun part) and walk out with a finished cd in hand.

I had no idea how much time I would spend cursing Windows audio drivers, failed hard drives, out of sync audio files, clicks and pops, unwanted distortion, etc. Truth be told, I went from an average computer user to a computer master in that couple of monthes it took me to work out all the kinks in my system. That's right. It took me a few monthes before I was ready to record my first band. It was that tough. That was in 2001. Maybe things are easier now. I'm guessing that you'll still have quite a road in front of you.

After you get your rig fully operational, you are still going to have to learn the software. I would HIGHLY recommend that you buy a DVD and a book to teach you the software that you intend to use. I could have saved myself hundreds of hours of headaches if I would have just read the stupid manual and had a little instruction. I learned a lot by tinkering (which may be your

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:09 am
 [ 1 post ]