Thanks For Using The Performance of a Lifetime!

Chatroom Auctions & Paid Classifides DDDPL's Additional Job Search

FAQ
Last visit was: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:42 am
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:42 am

[ 7 posts ] 
 Oscar winning Producer Larry Meistrich and Nehst Studios 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Oscar winning Producer Larry Meistrich and Nehst Studios
Following are the bodies of two emails received, by dddpl.com, today. Interested parties are advised to make use of the contact information, below:

First Email:

"My name is Larry Meistrich; I founded The Shooting Gallery and Film Movement, two New York-based production and distribution companies. I have worked in both the independent and studio worlds and have created a new company called NEHST that makes the process of participating in and creating and distributing content more accessible.

I had Academy Award winner " Sling Blade " ( Billy Bob Thornton)

I had Academy Award nominations " You can count on me " ( Laura Linney)

And others 50/60 movies, some of them awarded with Golden Globe and Gran Jury

Prize in Cannes, Venice, Sundance, Toronto, Berlin.

I'm coming back with a new well funded Company, Nehst Studios. We will host Pitches,

we will Produce, we will Distribute.

I really believe Nehst can give a chance to thousands of talented unknown people who are currently kept " out the door ".

I am actively looking for projects to finance, and I'm having Pitch sessions in New York and New Jersey to fill up my slate of projects, 50/60 movies to shoot within the next three

years, budget from two to fifty million each.

We will have the One on One Pitch every Tuesday night in NY and NJ all summer long.

If you are not from this area, you can submit your virtual pitch through the web site, www.pitchnehst.com your project will be read or watched, and we will get back to you with our suggestions or our offer. We accept pitches for finished movies/docum. for nation./intern. distribution deals..

Sincerely, Larry Meistrich.

Larry Meistrich will be at the Toronto Film Festival.. Nehst Studios is trying to set up

a free of charge meeting for Larry with the filmmakers/screenwriters from that area..

Since we are looking for new contests we could easily set up a Pitch Session too.. We are currently contacting all the Filmmakers/Screenwriters MeetUp Groups of Toronto. We received positive feedbacks from all the groups but the Toronto Film Industry MeetUp Group..

Larry will be talking about Nehst/Production/Distribution/Financing/Web/ Internet/etc..

We truly think the object of a Movie's MeetUp Group is giving its own people the chance to attend important meetings with real people involved in the movie business and the chance to meet other people from other movie's groups.. Network is the first thing.. Let us know if you wish to come, more people we have, more likely we will have the event..

Thanks a lot for your time. info@nehst.com

Nehst Studios www.pitchnehst.com"

Second Email:

"Larry is planning to having this meeting during the Toronto Film Festival

since he is going to be there buying movies for distribution.

We think it is a great experience for everyone who wants to be

involved in the movie business..Larry is a very direct and honest talker.. You might not like what you

are going to hear, but he is going to tell the truth, how it really works out there..

And we hope to be able to attach to the meeting also a pitch session One on One with Larry and his

Executives. We are already in pre-production with seven projects which came in through our pitch sessions..

There are talented people out there who don't have Big Agents, Big Lawyers, and Big Managers,

they just cannot afford it, but this doesn't mean they don't have something great and unique to offer to the audience..

We believe in this.. If you can help and spread the word about the event, it would be appreciated..

Thanks .

Stefano

Nehst Studios"

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Following is additional related information we received, by way of email.

Be advised that there will be a $10.00 "pitching fee".

- mac

Email #1:

"We will have the meeting Q&A with Larry Meistrich and his Executives in Toronto on Sunday September 9th from 2.00pm to 5.00pm.

We will attache at the end of the Q&A a One on One pitch session from 5.00pm to 9.00pm with Larry Meistrich. The location it is not been decided yet, but it will in few days.

If you wish to attend the event or the pitch session, please write me back and I'll give you all the info you need to sign up in our website www.pitchnehst.com."

Email #2:

"The three hours speach Larry Meistrich will do is for free, anyone can get a great amount of informations out of it. There is going to be a Q&A and we will try to give constructive feedback to those filmmakers/screenwriters who have some issue or question regarding their own project."

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:48 pm

Post More Info. Please!
I can understand how a token $10.00 fee will keep out a lot of the non-serious opportunists, but I can also appreciate the dilemma 'starving artists' are facing.

Will tax receipts be issued?

I know that $10.00 is not much, but, at tax time, everything adds up!

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:14 am

thanks for your question.
Not only the $ 10.00 fee will keep out people who are not serious about filmmaking, but, since we are opening the doors to " non represented " filmmakers/screenwriters, we have to consider that most of the time we do not receive interesting material. Still we have readers and we read every script. That coast people and time. And, in order to organize a Pitch
event, we need a big space for an entire day, which doesn't come for free.
So first of all, thanks for understanding.
Regarding your question, if you apply for the One on One and you pay the 10.00fee you will receive an automatic receipt where we say that you have payed for the Pitch. I really do not know if you can use that receipt
to deduct your taxes.
Sorry for not being able to help.
Nehst Studios

Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:03 pm

Last time I checked, tax department-eligible receipts had to show 3 things: 1. the name of the company/seller; 2. the full amount of the transaction; and, 3. the date.

Generally, what you described sounded like it would be okay.

- c&s ;-)

Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Today, we received more information regarding this matter.

People wishing to attend the speech and/or pitching sessions, must RSVP. The deadline for doing this is August 24, 2007.

According to the company:

"The reason we ask to people to send us an e-mail confirmation for the meeting/event and Q&A it is just for logistics reasons. Basically we have to know how big should be the space we have to rent.

So, if you are interested in the event ( and not the pitch session ) we would appreciate any way a simple e-mail."

The company has requested that RSVPs be sent to: info@nehst.com.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!
BEWARE: Authors might want to avoid NEHST.

Apparently, the firm requires submitters to sign an inappropriate "Submission Agreement".

We will let you know if we become aware of a change in this status.

- Admin

Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:02 pm
 [ 7 posts ]