Thanks For Using The Performance of a Lifetime!

Chatroom Auctions & Paid Classifides DDDPL's Additional Job Search

FAQ
Last visit was: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:25 am
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:25 am

[ 1 post ] 
 Mental Clarity and The Key To Acting Success 

Post Mental Clarity and The Key To Acting Success
Mental Clarity and The Key To Acting Success
by: Sidney Nicholas

Of late I was chatting with a friend about acting. She’s not really into acting as much as I am and she said to me that she rationalized that acting was just masquerading . I told her that she is partially right but that it’s inexact to think that there is only a slight amount of accomplishment that goes into being a acceptable actor. I told her improvisation requires a amazing amount of focus and you have to be able to broaden your body, mind and emotions in a way that goes beyond of what average everyday people contend with . Acting is a pursuit and like any other profession and those who discern the fundamentals while allowing their own uniqueness to flash through rise to the top. They get picked for the best roles, they work with the best actors, and they make damn good money.

As a result of my discussion with my friend I decided to do a little research to learn more about the skills that go into being a good actor. What I learned is telling and if you’re in the acting occupation or in involved in some other kind of performing arts you’ll want to pay close attention. In this write-up I talk about focus and how to use your focus to outshine your competition.

How well do you focus? Are you easily frenzied by things around you or can you easily focus steadilyon whatever is in front of you? Focus is such an important part of acting success and accomplishment in general. There are many things on the performance stage and in the actor’s setting that can become distractions. Your ability to focus your mind, emotions and physical movements will directly affect the quality of your performance. Staying focused on the task at hand can sometime be easier said than done. Below are some powerful techniques that you can use to enhance your focus.

“No steam or gas ever drives anything until it is confined. No Niagara is ever turned into light and power until it is tunneled. No life ever grows until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined.”
~Joan Rivers

Focus happens when you take all the activity and emotion that is running through your body and psyche and you contain it until the exact time to set it free in a certain direction and towards a certain action. You may be wondering how you can hold back your mind, body and emotions. How you can gain a amount of personal control that lets you direct your energy to whatever task you see fit and how do you learn to use the perfect degree of force to get the job done. To gain any level of discipline you need to have a practice.

For physical prowess it helps to have a consistent exercise schedule. There are many positive outcomes to exercising and one is gaining a broader awareness of bodies limits. Also exercising helps you to go beyond those ends and the result is more flexibility physically, emotional and mentally. When you feel more comfortable in your skin you eliminate rigidity and increase your self-confidence which ultimately helps you feel more relaxed on stage and in general.

For mental control meditation does the job . Meditation is sometimes difficult to strengthen as a practice if you’ve never tried it before although if you try it you will see significant changes in your mental clarity and focus. Meditation helps clean out all the noise and activity that’s going on around you. Every day whether you are in school, on stage, or at work you have to be able to focus on the task at hand. It’s so easy to get distracted by things in your surroundings but in order to perform at peak levels you have to maintain a high degree of focus. When you meditate it trains your mind to deal effectively with outside distractions so you can stay centered on what’s most valuable in the moment.

Lastly, your emotions are well served by meditation also. Moreover, as you build up a strong meditative practice you benefit tremendously because your emotional responses to uncomfortable situations begin to settle. This is worthwhile because it prevents you from overreacting. It also helps prevent you from over acting. When your emotions become tranquil you gain greater awareness in the environment around and you {{{lose the need to react to certain events that happen in your environment.

Acting is a skill that requires self-control. The good thing is that self-control can be developed. Through physical exercise you can better deal with your body. This helps you go beyond physical limits and rigidity helping you to increase your flexibility on stage and in life. Furthermore, you can manage the weaknesses in your mind and emotions by taking up a meditative practice. You don’t necessarily have to meditate in a quiet place sitting in the lotus position but it helps. You can also adopt some kind of meditative activity like gardening, painting, or cooking and it will help you to calm your mind and emotions. The aptitude to focus is one of the keys to becoming successful in the acting industry. Start exercising faithfully and get yourself a meditative practice and watch how it enhances your acting career and your life.

About The Author
Sidney Nicholas is a writer and online marketer for http://www.talenthunter.com. He has spent the last couple of years exlporing online media and using the internet to promote entertainment based companies. He received his college education from Devry University with a focus on marketing. He also has specialized knowledge in Neuro-linguistic Program (NLP) and other accelerated learning technologies. Go To Talent Hunter for more information

Copyright © 2001-Present by ArticleCity.com
This article was posted by permission.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:30 pm
 [ 1 post ]