Thanks For Using The Performance of a Lifetime!

Chatroom Auctions & Paid Classifides DDDPL's Additional Job Search

FAQ
Last visit was: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:00 pm
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:00 pm

[ 1 post ] 
 Care For The Elderly – Why Should We Pay? 

Post Care For The Elderly – Why Should We Pay?
by: Timothy Atkins

Care for the elderly is something we don’t pay too much attention to these days. We live in an age where it’s the here and now, being old is something that happens to others. Society is breaking down and as a consequence it’s all about number one and sod the rest of you.

People are living longer and longer now, this is then creating a massive problem when it comes to paying for care when it’s needed, when someone can no longer look after themselves. As things stand at the moment, if you own your own house or have more than £23,000 you have to pay for your own care.

Now this is where the problems begin and the question asked why should I have to pay for my own care, when I’ve worked all my life and paid my taxes. The answer that comes back is the government can’t afford to pay for your care, there are just too many people living too long and the burden is too much. To a point I can understand this, but it still doesn’t justify why you should sell your house or use your savings to pay for your care.

To further that point, the government will quite happily give money out to people who come to this country and have nowhere to live and no means to support themselves. Yet if you were born in this country and paid your dues over your life and then when it comes to needing help, there isn’t any, a very bitter pill to swallow.

Money is allocated to anywhere but to where it really is needed and this has been going on for far too long and particularly the Labour government have been allowed to get away with this. There has to be another way of paying for care when it’s needed and if not, why not ? If you have been through the process of having to sell the home for one or both of your parents to pay for their care, you will know how that makes your blood boil. It defies belief that after all you pay out in taxes, you get no return when you need it.

Time to reform the system and the government to start looking after its own people as well as others. We live in very sad times and the care of our elderly seems to take last place, but remember you will old one day and what then.

About The Author
I have come to a point in life where I want voice my opinions on what annoys me about thew world today and encourage others to do the same.

The author invites you to visit:
http://www.wtaalive.com

Copyright © 2001-Present by ArticleCity.com
This article was posted by permission.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:44 pm
 [ 1 post ]