Thanks For Using The Performance of a Lifetime!

Chatroom Auctions & Paid Classifides DDDPL's Additional Job Search

FAQ
Last visit was: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:21 pm
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:21 pm

[ 1 post ] 
 Free Recipes Online 

Post Free Recipes Online
by: Chris Holgate

I frightened myself this week when I left Sainsbury's with a copy of their magazine instead of something much more manly featuring glossy pages full of women and cars. I realsied just how old I am becoming.

So, what was it that tempted me to pick up Sainsbury's in store publication? Was it the free bar of chocolate, the low down of all the latest beauty products or the four page guide to becoming the ultimate party girl this Christmas?

It was in fact the pages upon pages of recipes that grace its pages as I have to admit that since moving house, I have developed something of a passion for cooking. We are really making an effort with our cooking. I mean, don't get me wrong, either I nor Hayley could be described as masterchefs or anything but at least we are trying to make most things from scratch now rather than using ready made sauces.

Cookbooks have become quite restrictive as finding a recipe that calls for just what you happen to have in the fridge is quite a rare occurrence. The internet seemed like the best place to start when looking for exciting recipes and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the best two websites I found were the BBC (www.bbc.co.uk/food/) and Channel Four (www.channel4.com/food) pages.

The BBC site is certainly the most comprehensive, covering over 10,000 recipes from approximately 100 celebrity chefs. If you were to cook just one of these dishes a day, it would take 27 years to exhaust the list. The Channel Four site is less comprehensive with only a couple of thousands recipes but with contributions from Gordon Ramsey, Jamie Oliver, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall amongst others, it is certainly worth a look.

You can simply browse through the recipes that are on offer or you can enter a couple of ingredients you want to use and it will return searches based on that. This is the case with both sites. For example, typing chicken, chilli and onion in to the BBC site result in it suggesting to you that you may wish to cook some hot chilli fajitas this evening. Each recipe has the name of the contributing chef, preparation time, cooking time, a list of ingredients in both metric and imperial and a detailed method. If you are unsure of any particular terminology there is a particularly good glossary on the BBC site which covers everything from basic techniques to preparing a béarnaise sauce.

Both sites have additional video content and of particular note is the BBC page which gives you the ability to watch every BBC food program account amongst other benefits. Try and find the best overall account package for your needs.

Dedicated support

In addition to the account benefits, you need to make sure that the student account you choose has dedicated support, as this can help you when times are tough. An even better option is a bank that has a branch on your campus, because a dedicated student bank manager is more likely to be sympathetic to your financial difficulties. Online banking is also something to look out for, as this can help you move funds and pay bills quickly when you need to, as well as helping you to closely monitor your spending.

Graduate accounts

Once you have finished university, many banks will offer you an upgrade to a graduate account. It is worth looking at these when you get your student account, as the right student and graduate package can really help you to move smoothly from student to worker. Whatever package you choose, don’t be afraid to move accounts and banks, and shop around before you make any

Tue May 25, 2010 10:01 am
 [ 1 post ]