Thanks For Using The Performance of a Lifetime!

Chatroom Auctions & Paid Classifides DDDPL's Additional Job Search

FAQ
Last visit was: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:21 am
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:21 am

[ 1 post ] 
 How To Clear Your Pilot Job Interview? 

Post How To Clear Your Pilot Job Interview?
by: Khalid Soliman

Have you completed the pilot training and now looking for a suitable pilot job? Then post your resume on the various job sites and if you have even done this, then just prepare yourself for the interview. Do not blow your big day, and follow these simple yet effective tips to get the best pilot jobs available:

• Gain Knowledge about the Airlines: This is very important for the interview. Before going to the interview, gain knowledge about the airline. Get every possible intrinsic detail about the airline’s aircrafts, technicalities, bases, fleet, mission and vision, vacation policy and all the basic information possible. Some questions about denominator, operations with brackets and similar terms, solving simple equations.

If you work with one pupil, it is not difficult to measure time. If you work with a class, the work must be started at the same time for all pupils. When a pupil gives back a table, you must fix the time and write it down. As a rule I approximate results to five seconds (of course in favor of a pupil). It is handy when several pupils bring their tables simultaneously.

It is necessary to note that you must carry out training for the first test. All pupils must understand how to fill in the tables and get accustomed to implementation of big series of elementary operations. Do not hurry pupils while working – haste can increase a number of errors. An optimum time will be reached by even rate of work. Each pupil will choose the suitable for him/her speed after a preliminary training.

For estimation of a level of simple mental computations two criteria are used – a total time of completion of a table and a number of occurred errors. I had calculated permissible limit values for the stochastic tables including 64 similar elementary operations. If you want to know how I had done it, you can find the description at my site. For example, for pupils just after primary school (the multiplication table had been completely learnt a year and a half ago) the next limit values had been obtained:

Addition – 8 minutes 40 seconds and not more than 3 errors.
Subtraction – 8 minutes 55 seconds and not more than 4 errors.
Multiplication – 7 minutes 10 seconds and not more than 3 errors.
Division – 6 minutes 30 seconds and not more than 3 errors.

My method of determination of limit values gives approximation with surplus only. Therefore the permissible limits of time and errors may be considered as sufficiently mild demands. My practice shows that these limit values of the parameters may be surpassed significantly. Usually it happens within the limits from three to eight cycles (a cycle – one table at class, one table at home). But sometimes it requires much more efforts. For example I can describe the most difficult case in my practice which has occurred last year. In September my friends had asked me to help Irena K., a pupil of the fifth grade (just after primary school). The first test had shown that her elementary mental computational skills were very bad.

Addition – 9 minutes 50 seconds, 3 errors.
Subtraction – 11 minutes 5 seconds, 1 error.
Multiplication – 18 minutes 50 seconds, 17 errors.

At that time I had not even thought about division because of awful multiplication skills. We met twice on weekends. Each time Irena filled in tables on four operations of arithmetic. Besides that I gave her tables as homework. In total Irena has filled more than 35 tables on addition, 45 tables on subtraction, 70 tables on multiplication and 60 tables on division. To be short I’ll list only the results on multiplication to show progress (W – the worst result; B –

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:32 am
 [ 1 post ]