Thanks For Using The Performance of a Lifetime!

Chatroom Auctions & Paid Classifides DDDPL's Additional Job Search

FAQ
Last visit was: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:31 am
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:31 am

[ 1 post ] 
 Last Day of Camp Breakfast 

Post Last Day of Camp Breakfast
by: Jack Ingram

Have you ever gone camping for a week or just a mini vacation and had left overs? It comes down to the last morning and it is time to make that last breakfast. Time to fuel up for that daunting task of packing up and heading home.

I used to make sure I had extra ice to pack up left over meat,cheese and eggs until a friend gave me this idea several years ago. Now it is a tradition. Sometime we even find ourselves holding out this or that for that final breakfast. Give this a try. Experiment, make it your own,pass it on.

I can not count the times a fellow camper has come to our site while this is cooking over the fire and said "hey, what is that?". It smells delicious and is sure to please. The following is a basic list but by no means does it constitute "the ingredients". As I said before make it your own.

Note: Portions may have to be modified. We use a 18" pan from a camp supply store.

Potatoes (cubed)

Meat leftovers (steak,bratwurst,sausage,hamburger)

onions (chopped)

Peppers chopped (green,chili,hot,your preference)

Eggs your way but will be dumped in at end so don,t pre-cook

cooking oil or butter

spices (garlic,basil,tarragon,oregano,kosher salt,pepper)

Put pan over camp fire with some oil or butter in it. when hot add chopped potatoes,onions,spices and meat (if uncooked)and cook till golden brown. Add peppers and cooked meat and cook 5 min. or so to warm with the rest. When hot pour in beaten eggs. Every other ingredient should be in at this time. Keep mixing until eggs are done. Serve with toast and coffee or what you would use at home.

Not only have a made a delicious mouth watering breakfast but you saved yourself having to pack up a "cold" cooler for on the way home.

This really works well also with group camping. Each family contributes some ingredients and all eat together. Give it a try.

About The Author
I love to cook and am constantly trying new ways of "spicing" up meals. Family and friends are my test subjects and benefactors.
The author invites you to visit:
http://www.mysauceandspice.com

Copyright © 2001-Present by ArticleCity.com
This article was posted by permission.

Sat May 29, 2010 9:52 am
 [ 1 post ]