Thanks For Using The Performance of a Lifetime!

Chatroom Auctions & Paid Classifides DDDPL's Additional Job Search

FAQ
Last visit was: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:13 am
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:13 am

[ 1 post ] 
 Martial Arts Book Review: Freedom from Fear by Peyton Quinn 

Post Martial Arts Book Review: Freedom from Fear by Peyton Quinn
Martial Arts Book Review: Freedom from Fear by Peyton Quinn
by: Shawn Kovacich

Being the author of several books on the martial arts and fighting, I am always looking for books of exceptional quality to add to my library. If I have a book in my library, it's definitely worth owning. One such book is Peyton Quinn’s, "Freedom From Fear."

Peyton starts the introduction of his book off by asking you the following simple and direct question, “What are you really after in life?” This question must be answered honestly and after great deliberation in order for it to have the desired effect. If this book could be summed up in one simple all encompassing statement, it would have to be this, “Don’t allow fear to run your life.”

The first chapter, entitled, “The Frog Brain and the Self-Image” Peyton covers numerous psychological areas such as;

1. A persons various reactions to fear are pretty much the same, regardless of the situation.
2. Adrenal stress and the role it plays when confronted by fear.
3. Irrational vs. Rational Fear.
4. Bullies and how they are basically the same regardless of the environment they are in.
5. Our basic survival instincts.
6. By our very nature, we are all salesman to certain degree.
7. Our emotional responses.

“Mind Controls Body” is the next chapter and deals with the effects our mind has on our physical well being. This chapter covers such areas as;

1. Pre-conditioned responses.
2. A very unique reading test on page #68.
3. Negative self-image.
4. Our basic need for approval from others.
5. Perfectionism.
6. A fascinating and very educational armed robbery story involving the author.

This next to last chapter is mental icing on the cake so to speak. In this chapter, “Power of Mind Over Health,” Peyton explains how the power of the mind has a great deal of bearing on the health of the body as a whole. Some of the subjects covered in this section are;

1. Pre-conceived notions.
2. Various types of stress.
3. The effects of stress on the mind and body.

Peyton concludes this book with a chapter on the effects of drug, alcohol, and tobacco addiction. This chapter I found surprisingly good and very insightful.

As much as I wanted to do a detailed review on this book, I found that in good conscious I couldn’t. Not that this wasn’t a terrific book, but I just felt that this was one of those books where the individual person needed to purchase it and read it with the knowledge that if they did just that, that this book had the potential to make a tremendous positive impact on their lives. What I did was merely provide you with a brief overview, rather than an actual review. The best thing I can say is this, “If you are reading this, STOP right now and order this book and read it several times. It will impact your life in a positive way.”

You have to take a very long and deep look into whom and what you really are if you ever want to change. Peyton can be reached via his web site at: http://www.rmcat.com

About The Author
Shawn Kovacich has been practicing the martial arts for over 25 years and currently holds the rank of 4th degree (Yodan) black belt in both Karate and Tae Kwon Do. Shawn has also competed in such prestigious full-contact bare knuckle karate competitions as the Shidokan Open and the Sabaki Challenge, among others. In addition to his many accomplishments, Shawn is also a two time world record holder for endurance high kicking as certified by the Guinness Book of World Records. Shawn is the author of the highly acclaimed Achieving Kicking Excellence™ series and can be reached via his web site at: http://www.kickingbooks.com.

Copyright © 2001-Present by ArticleCity.com
This article was posted by permission.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:41 pm
 [ 1 post ]