Thanks For Using The Performance of a Lifetime!

Chatroom Auctions & Paid Classifides DDDPL's Additional Job Search

FAQ
Last visit was: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:23 pm
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:23 pm

[ 1 post ] 
 Magnanimously Untitled Article Vol 2 Wrestling 

Post Magnanimously Untitled Article Vol 2 Wrestling
Magnanimously Untitled Article Vol 2 Wrestling
by: Massimo Martinini

Hello earthlings and welcome back to my wonderfully untitled article. First things first. Due to a miscommunication between my boss and I the finals of the 1,2,3, Cup were left out of my last article. If you read my Match from the Mind you know that Randy Orton won, but just so everyone knows the official score was: RKO-13. Sweet Chin Music-9. So there you go. This week we have a new tournament starting where you will vote on the best entrance themes of all time. Aside from that Friday I will be heading up to Eldon Missouri to watch a WLW show. For the few of you who don’t know WLW is Harley Race’s independent promotion. The special guest, as I understand it, will be The Hot Rod himself Rowdy Roddy Piper. That should be fun. Last time I went I got one of the wrestlers to sign his tape for me. Once more I’d like to think all of you who read the article about wrestling and it’s realism. I don’t know why, but the response it got still gets to me. Not to mention it made me the undisputed Article Champion. Speaking of which The Glide brought up an interesting point in the comment he left last week. He said that back when people used to give a damn about these articles Kash could pull in 1400 views without too much trouble. That’s incredible. I think the writers on this staff deserve that kind of viewer ship. So I’m calling for it right now. Tell everyone you know on this game to read the articles. Tell everyone in your fed, tell everyone in the forums, just tell them to read. We need a writing renaissance. And to all you critics out there, think about it. If more people read these it will force the writers to step it up, and will in turn cause an increase in the quality of articles. So anyway do that. Enough of me trying to stretch out my introduction. Let’s go to the random thoughts.

Ya know I was really looking forward to it just being Cena vs. Edge and WrestleMania. Don’t get me wrong Show vs. Cena. Vs. Edge would be a cool match, but I just don’t see it as a Main Event for SilverMania.

I wonder if they’re gonna get Evan Bourne involved in Mania somehow. I hope they have him face Swagger for the title. I don’t care if he wins or not, but come on who else would challenge him. All of ECW’s big names are in the Money in the Bank match.

I’m overjoyed to see how much Women’s wrestling has come in only two years. It’s actually wrestling again. I think TNA forced WWE to step up their game, and it’s been good for everyone. Then when I start to think that I see Maria wrestle and I cry.

I can’t believe they are already talking about a sequel to 12 Rounds when the first one hasn’t even had time to fail yet.

I think Bruno Sammartino will get into the Hall Of Fame once he’s dead, and his family accepts on his behalf. I wish he would just accept it now.

Is it just me or do you get a really British vibe from Bryan Danielson

Regal is very under rated in my opinion. He’s one of the best technical guys in the biz.

I’m really liking this rivalry between the Colons and Miz and Morrison. It’s kind of an old school storyline. It’s not like they jus started fighting, or anybody cheated anyone else. They’re fighting over girls. It’s awesome. It’s just such a guy thing, and it’s not like they’re fighting to protect the honor of their true loves. They’re just fighting over girls. It’s perfect for young guy like them too. No veteran is gonna waste time trying to catch the attention of some chick. But it’s just good old fashioned showing off between guys who are going after the same chick.

Since we’re on the subject of the tag team champions’ feud I’m gonna talk about what most of if not all of us are expecting at ‘Mania if not shortly thereafter. That is a tag title unification bout. They’ve both already put their respective titles on the line, and retained. A unification match is only the next logical step. But like everything in wrestling it has it’s pros and cons. I’ll start with the cons. First off for some reason I just don’t like the idea of unifying titles, save for the Women’s/Diva’s titles. Seriously what’s up with that? Secondly, it’s going to cause the brands to run together somewhat. With one pair of tag titles if there’s going to be a lot of show jumping for teams from different shows. Of course this is also going to mean that the champs are going to have to appear on all three shows. ECW included because if they’re unified there is no longer reason for ECW not to start having tag teams. Of course I’m not saying they have to be on all three shows every week, but they will have to make appearances on all the shows. And that just gets frustrating, because you’re hoping to see them on one show, but they’re on a different on this week, and you’re gonna miss them because of this and that, and it’s just not worth the trouble. Now onto the pros. The obvious pro is that it will potentially give new life to the tag team division, provided it can overcome the above obstacles. With one set of tag belts for each brand there just isn’t enough room for there to be tag feuds that aren’t over the belts, and that kind of hurts. Think about it, it would be nice if there could just be teams that feuded over something personal. Since all of the tag teams will be in the same pool now they will finally be able to do that. It will also allow for longer title reigns. With the numerous teams there will be less of a need to constantly shake up the tag division by having the titles change hands every few months. There will always be a plethora of challengers. In turn it could provide for shorter title reigns. Now normally I’m in favor of longer reigns, but some times shorter ones, 1 ½ to 2 months aren’t always bad. With so many teams the tag division won’t become stagnant like it did when Holly and Rhodes were champs, or when London and Kendrick were champs. One last positive, it will eliminate the need for singles competitors to form teams with each other. I’m sure you guys can think of some more positive and negatives for everything, but that’s what I had off the top of my head. Now, more thoughts.

I think Matt should win at WrestleMania. The last time these two feuded Jeff came out on top. I just think it would be awesome for them to put Matt up there in the same league as Jeff. Especially since all things considered he is the better wrestler.

In my opinion LOD is the greatest tag team ever. But the Brainbusters were horribly underrated

I suspect Christian will change brands in the draft. I think he’ll end up with what ever show Edge is on. Matt, Jeff, Edge, and Christian could all end up on the same show together, and there could be Jeff and Christian vs. Edge and Matt. And then once everyone changes face we could have Hardys vs. E and C again.

I’m thinking Jeff goes to Raw at the draft in April and wins the World Heavyweight Title. Or if my assumptions are correct by the time he wins it; it will be the WWE Title back on Raw.

Kane: My pick to win the Money in the Bank match. It was between him or Christian, and I don’t think Christian will unless he changes brands like I suspect he will.

Well now it’s time for the beginning of my newest fantasy tournament. It is between 16 of the greatest entrance themes of all time. You know the drill vote for who you want to win each match, I’ll tally the scores, and eventually it will be whittled down to only one who will be the winner. Let’s begin.

Edge (Metalingus) vs. Kane (Slow Chemical)
Triple H (The Game) vs. DX (Break it Down)
Mr. McMahon (No Chance in Hell) vs. n.W.o (Rockhouse)
Shawn Michaels (Sexy Boy - Current version) vs. Ric Flair (Sprach Zarathustra)
Stone Cold (I Won’t Do What You Tell Me) vs. Shane McMahon (Here Comes the Money)
The Rock (Know Your Role) vs. Goldberg (Invasion)
Undertaker (Rest In Peace) vs. John Cena (The Time is Now)
Hulk Hogan (Real American vs. New Age Outlaws (Oh You Didn’t Know)

There are your choices. If you don’t know what they sound like you can find them on you tube. And somebody check and see if I got the name of The Rock’s theme song right, I couldn’t find it on Wikipedia.

And now for this weeks Hall Of Fame induction. You know with WrestleMania 25 coming up I feel I have to at least get in one Texan in honor of it. I’ve already got Stone Cold, and Dusty Rhodes, and I don’t want to copy anybody the WWE has already picked for this year. I could go with HBK of The Undertaker, but neither of them is retired, which is a requirement for my Hall Of Fame. So, who to pick, who to pick, who to pick? I’ve got it. The WWE are inducting the Von Erichs, and so I shall induct there most famous rivals. The Von Erichs had one of the most legendary feuds in wrestling history when they feuded against three men in World Class Championship Wrestling. Three men they helped put the company on the map with. Through out the years they held numerous titles, which they defended under their unique Firebird rule. They are also responsible for the widespread use of entrance music in professional wrestling. These three men were Michael P.S. “Purely Sexy” Hayes, Terry “Bam Bam” Gordy, and Buddy “Jack” Roberts, and together they were The Fabulous Freebirds. The latest inductees into my Hall Of Fame.

Hall Of Fame:

Hulk Hogan

Dusty Rhodes

Harley Race

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Mean Gene Okerlund

Bruno Sammartino

The Fabulous Freebirds

That’s all for this week my friends. Until next time Peace, Love, and Candy.

About The Author
Massimo Martinini http://thewrestlinggame.com/wrestling/a ... _vol_2.asp

Copyright © 2001-Present by ArticleCity.com
This article was posted by permission.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:03 pm
 [ 1 post ]