Thanks For Using The Performance of a Lifetime!

Chatroom Auctions & Paid Classifides DDDPL's Additional Job Search

FAQ
Last visit was: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:24 am
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:24 am

[ 1 post ] 
 "Trampoline Accessories: Focus on Safety With the Right..." 

Post "Trampoline Accessories: Focus on Safety With the Right..."
Trampoline Accessories: Focus on Safety With the Right Enclosure Choice
by: James Druman

One of my favorite recreational activities growing up was a trampoline, and I was especially thrilled when they came out with those huge trampolines you could set up in your front yard. You know the ones I'm talking about—they took up as much space as a small above-ground swimming pool and you could do all kinds of crazy stunts on them. As you know, however, those crazy stunts often went wrong, and as a result, there were a lot of kids who ended up in the hospital over those things, prompting the industry to evolve and improve trampoline accessories.

Possibly the most important of these trampoline accessories is the enclosure, a net or canvas material that was set up around the edges of the trampoline so that when people went recklessly flying off they hit the canvas instead of the ground or a fence. When I think of some of the conditions we used to jump in when I was a kid and imagine my own kids doing that, it gives me chills.

Still, as much as the enclosures provide for added safety, they are not perfect. One typical problem to watch for is what type of material is being used to suspend the netting. In the past, the default method was including metal poles that reached up from the metal framing and attaching the netting to them. Well, it is not stretch of the imagination to picture why hyperactive kids launching themselves into the air in every which direction could get hurt with metal poles in front of their faces.

This is why many of the manufacturers wrapped these poles in padding, as well as the edges of the frame below. The padding is meant to minimize impact, but if there is no give in the poles, there is still room for injury, so be sure to look for a trampoline that uses poles that flex.

Innovators in the industry are still always looking for ways to use new designs to even further limit the possibility of injury, and the risk has been reduced dramatically with some cutting-edge designs. Just make sure you take a critical look at the model you buy before you make any decisions.

Ask the right questions. Check out the enclosure when it is set up. Is it possible the netting could pull away from the trampoline, allowing someone to slip through the bottom? Is a collision with the pole going to be as bad as a collision with the ground, if not worse? Are the springs protected with a secure covering that has a little bit of give? Inquire with the salesman and if something does not make sense, ask some more. Safety is always paramount.

About The Author
If you want to find out more about safe trampoline accessories and have a look a springless trampoline design, one of the more cutting-edge solutions in the industry, go to http://www.springfreetrampoline.com.
The author invites you to visit:
http://www.springfreetrampoline.com

Copyright © 2001-Present ArticleCity.com
[Note: Due to a size limitation, the title, above, had to be abbreviated. Apologies to the author and ArticleCity.com. - Admin]
This article was posted by permission.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:47 am
 [ 1 post ]