Thanks For Using The Performance of a Lifetime!

Chatroom Auctions & Paid Classifides DDDPL's Additional Job Search

FAQ
Last visit was: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:01 am
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:01 am

[ 1 post ] 
 I'm So Glad I Bought A New Dell 17 Inch Notebook 

Post I'm So Glad I Bought A New Dell 17 Inch Notebook
I'm So Glad I Bought A New Dell 17 Inch Notebook
by: Paul I. Etkin

I have just recently gone out and bought a 17 inch notebook, and so far have been fairly impressed with its quality. It is definitely superior to the old IBM Thinkpad that I owned years ago. Back then, laptop computers were pretty big and bulky, with poor screen resolution. They were considerably more expensive than they are now and to top it all, the battery life was poor at best.

My new Dell 17 inch notebook is everything that my old laptop was not. It is sleek, low-profile, contains hours of battery life, and now comes with a high-resolution lcd screen that is just simply a joy to behold.

I had put off buying a new 17 inch notebook for quite a while. I have always found the process of buying a new computer agonizing. No matter how long you wait, the very following week after you've made your purchase on whatever system you have chosen, out comes something cheaper, more powerful, at a lower price and with a better warranty! It is enough to drive you completely crazy.

I knew that the convenience of a new laptop computer was going to be worth it no matter what, and eventually I got no spoken dialogue, the gorgeous black and white photography captures the beauty of the players and the lush, exotic locale, imbuing the film with a magic aura that defies datedness.

Flaherty’s next film, “Man Of Aran” evokes the raw power and majesty of the sea. Set on the harsh, inclement Aran islands off the coast of Ireland, this film builds on the impact of the director’s “Nanook”, portraying the struggle of native people who subsist on the wild, unpredictable sea around them. In this struggle, the sea is not enemy but provider, yet temperamental and unpredictable enough to warrant skill, hardiness, and reverence in any approach. Both man and nature emerge triumphant.

In the talking picture realm, but with precious little talking needed, is Flaherty’s “Louisiana Story” (1948), perhaps the director’s crowning achievement. A boy living with his family in the Louisiana bayous communes with his wild and mysterious surroundings while looking on with fascination at the work of oil drillers nearby. Flaherty’s brilliant camera work lends a subtle artfulness to the theme of civilization encroaching on nature. (Ironically, this film was underwritten by Standard Oil!)

Honoring our natural world also involves paying tribute to the explorers who opened up new vistas for us. In 1925, Rear Admiral Richard Byrd made history by being first to fly a plane over the North Pole, then in 1929 trumped himself by performing the same feat over the South Pole. This latter event might have been the stuff of history books had Byrd not brought two Paramount newsreel photographers on this heroic journey. “With Byrd At The South Pole” records the expedition for posterity, and even 75 years later, it’s a fascina

Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:29 pm
 [ 1 post ]